While we all love to indulge in big spending from time to time (maybe that tiara wasn’t such a good idea), when it comes to travel, especially exotic travels, money is always a concern. Of course, yec.com is here to help you connect with the right people, but you still don’t want your trip to cost a fortune. Worry not, dear gay traveler, because there are several tips we can give you to ease your financial burden!
- Plan, plan, plan! If you’ve got a budget to stick to, research in advance and find some restaurants with a fair price that still have decent food; instead of just dining at the first restaurant you run into, try to search the internet and find a more affordable place.
- Breakfast at your hotel? Forget it – it’s expensive and not worth the money.
- If you’re staying with your new friend, you can use his kitchen and cook for the both of you!
- Car rentals are notorious: you have to pay for the car, the gas and a bunch of other costs. If you absolutely need a car, go with a smaller model that uses less fuel; in other words, you don’t need a Ferrari if the smart car will get you there all the same.
- Research metro, rail, tram and bus services at your destination; it might be cheaper to take a weekly or weekend ticket for all types of public transport than just buying a ticket whenever you need a ride.
- If you’re a rabid shopaholic, remember that you can get a tax-free shopping option in most of the stores! Just ask at the counter what’s the procedure and later you can get a refund!
- Try not to be swayed by main shopping streets; there’s probably a local version of it somewhere near, but it’s not that flashy and ostentatious.